Saturday, November 3, 2012

While there, I got to visit "downtown" Fatick.  It's really their market place.  Like no market I've ever visited.  But, again, the people are so friendly.  Sherrill introduced me to quite a few of the ladies she has made friends with, speaking their language, Wolof.  Of course, she only speaks a little, but I was so impressed that she could communicate with them! ( Who says an old dog can't learn new tricks!:)
Fresh beef anyone!

Sherrill walking down one of the roads through the market.
 

Inside the market, looking down one of the "paths".
 


A table of goodies, hard to tell what some of this is, but I can tell, there are some dried fish heads on this table.

Fish and shrimp table

One table in the fish market
 


"Fresh" bread.  It's actually quite tasty

Some kind of fruit - the little black spots are flies.  I'm not sure what the green stuff is.
 

Sherrill buying some dinner napkins and tissues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment