Saturday, November 3, 2012

Senegal Visit - Oct. 2012

Well, it has been quite a while since I've done anything with this blog-- please be patient as I try to update it.  Some features have changed since I visited this site and I am having to relearn how to do this. 
I had the great opportunity (provided by my dear husband Howard) to visit a long-time friend (from college) in Senegal, West Africa recently.  I had a great visit with her and learned so much about these Sengelese people.  They are some of the friendliest people I have had the pleasure of meeting.  And the children were adorable.  I am going to try to download some pictures here to share with you this inspiring trip.  And I will try to explain or identify the photos for you.  Well, here goes!
This is my dear friend, Sherrill.  We were roommates in college.  She loves missions and has made many mission trips over the years.

 Sherrill and two Hands On workers, Kaitlin and Amy, in typical African dress, on the ferry to Goree Island, the famous slave trade island. (You will notice it was a very bright day! and hot)


Sherrill with one of our missionaries, Kim F., mother of 4,  who never seems to stop, is always on the go, and loves our Lord tremendously.


Kim's husband, Travis, and son, Ethan.  Loved talking with him and learning about some of the culture in Senegal.  Senegal is about 99% muslim.  They have a tremendous work ahead of them.
This is a shot of the western most part of Africa, in Dakar.  I had 2 meals in restaurants near that tip.  Delicious food.
 

This is my "little bit"-- a true artist in training.  Melody has a contagious "good nature" that when around her, you always feel better,no matter what is going on with you.  I love this gal!  And am looking forward to seeing her do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment