Saturday, November 3, 2012

We finally arrived in Fatick and Sherrill's "home".  This is the entrance to the house.  The second level in under construction to become an apartment. 
 
 This is the first room you enter -- a sort of living room.  They hold classes here for locals to learn English.  While I was there they had about 10 young adults come to the class. They are doing very well.  When I was introduced they tried out their new English words.  "How are you?" "I am fine".  "Nice to meet you." 
 This is the room I stayed in.  It was quite nice.  The material you see hanging down are mosquito nets.  Fortunately I didn't have to use it.  I did have a nice fan mounted to the near wall near the ceiling to help cool the hot nights.

Here is the classroom for the kids.  Ethan is hard at work at his desk, and Melody is hidden behind the teacher's desk, using the computer. 
 We had many delicious meals seated here in the dining area.  We often had "quests" hanging around the back door -- a neighbor was using the backyard to keep his SHEEP!  So we often had "eau de sheep" for an aroma....


A good size kitchen to make our meals-- we enjoyed a mexican meal one night, bbq chicken one night, several other delicious meals that I can't remember right now.  Oh well.....



Back in the classroom, Sherrill put me to work --since I majored in art in college, she thought it would be a good idea to do some art projects with the kids.  I packed a WHOLE SUITCASE with supplies for us to work with.  I can only imagine what the inspector at the airport must have thought when they checked out my bags!
 
 Of course, while I WORKED, Sherrill relaxed and read her book..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment