Saturday, November 3, 2012

On that Saturday night, remember, I have now been up for two whole days, but I am holding my own. Anyway, that Saturday night Sherrill and I met up with a former college-mate who had been visiting in a small area with a team from his church. Their church has adopted this village and they were helping to build some structures for them, while they also had Bible studies. Anyway, I had not seen John since 1975, when we graduated from college. And here we were, thousands of miles from home, meeting for the first time since college. Amazing or what? We had a great visit !!

John Bush and Sherrill Holloman

John and his team, with me and Sherrill

A shot of the restaurant
 

These next few pictures are of some of the dishes we had -- these are for my daughter who loves to take pictures of food!  Above is a dish of olives with garlic.  Since I don't like olives, I didn't try this.

This was my dish - a Lebanese chicken dish-- basically grilled chicken on a skewer, rice with something on top of it, and a soy-type sauce in the bowl.  Delicious!

The lady who sat next to me ordered this fish dish - (loved the head staring at me).  It must have been really good because the next time I looked over at her plate, all I saw was a fish skeleton with the head still on it!

Sherrill had this vegetarian pizza.  I was too full to try it.  But she said it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment